Legal & ethical policies
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at N-Brands Online B.V., and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. NP Fashion Retail B.V. is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
- How we use your data
N-Brands Online B.V. (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable N-Brands Online B.V. to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
N-Brands Online B.V. uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest N-Brands Online B.V. offers.
N-Brands Online B.V. aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. changing preferences via your N-Brands Online B.V. account;
2. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
3. contacting N-Brands Online B.V. via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
N-Brands Online B.V. only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to N-Brands Online B.V. and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, N-Brands Online B.V. will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our carefully selected partners who provide ‘N-Brands Online B.V.’ branded products and services (for example energy suppliers), if we have your consent to do so;
- credit reference agencies and payment card issuers (such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express) where necessary for card payments;
- a business which acquires all or part of the N-Brands Online B.V. business, as set out further below
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
Mergers and Takeovers
In the event that a separate business acquires all or part of our business or its assets, for example in the context of a merger or takeover, we may need to disclose your personal data to that company, so they can continue to provide services to you. In this situation, your data will only be used by the other business for the purposes set out in this Policy.
In certain circumstances, it is possible that your personal data could be transferred to a company with whom we’re discussing selling or transferring all or part of the N-Brands Online B.V. business, but only where strictly necessary for the evaluation of the transaction. If this happens, the data will be kept secure and confidential and will be deleted if the business sale does not go ahead.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for N-Brands Online B.V. to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
- What personal data do we collect?
N-Brands Online B.V. may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on N-Brands Online B.V. websites;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with N-Brands Online B.V.; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
- How we protect your data
N-Brands Online B.V. is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire N-Brands Online B.V. IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
- What you can do to help protect your data
N-Brands Online B.V. will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from N-Brands Online B.V. asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to N-Brands Online B.V. and more generally: ¬-
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Your rights
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
- Legal basis for using data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Legal basis for N-Brands Online B.V. processing customer personal data
N-Brands Online B.V. collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of N-Brands Online B.V., including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protectingN-Brands Online B.V., its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to N-Brands Online B.V..;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against N-Brands Online B.V...
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders; and
- managing corporate transactions, including selling or transferring any parts of our business to third parties, acquiring new businesses, entering into mergers or undertaking corporate restructuring activity.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- N-Brands Online B.V., or on behalf of N-Brands Online B.V., and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of N-Brands Online B.V..
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For N-Brands Online B.V. to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable N-Brands Online B.V. to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable N-Brands Online B.V. meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
- Data protection officer
N-Brands Online B.V. has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how N-Brands Online B.V. uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer’s team by
- Third party sites and microsites
N-Brands Online B.V. has partnered with certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you, including:
- Retail Unity
- DHL / DPD / GLS / BtC Europe
- Promese Logistics
These products and services can be accessed online through the relevant third party's "microsite". These websites, and others linked to from this Policy, are owned and operated by a third party and they are responsible for processing personal data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
For our N-Brands membership program the software of our partner Loyyo is used. Loyyo B.V. collects order and payment data to ensure that you automatically save points after an order made in stores or on our webshop. The collected data is stored and encrypted and is thus only accessible by N-Brands Online B.V.
This policy was last updated in November 2020.